Thursday, March 1, 2012

"The Hunger Games" plays dirty pool

As you know, I've Been Deader  is fighting for the number one download spot with Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games." 

"I've Been Deader," a near perfect blend of horror and comedy is currently 187,975 on Amazon.com.  So this horse race has a long way to go. 

I said HORSE!


I had assumed that, like Mit and Rick, Ms. Collins would play fair.  More the fool, I.   It turns out that "The Hunger Games" is now going to be a movie, starring Jennifer somebody (apparently the fact that she doesn't diet constitutes a media event).    I mean, come on.  I understand that going up against "I've Been Deader," is a daunting prospect.  But to stoop so low as to turn your book into a movie, in the hope of increasing sales, that's just sad.
Maybe Gary can be a stunt double, for when Nick is feeling a little down.

I really wanted to take the high road here, and simply go head to head based on the strength of our respective novels.  But now I am forced to consider creating a movie tie-page for I've Been Deader.   I need casting ideas for the main characters.   I'm thinking a younger and slightly less scary looking Nick Nolte or Gary Busey for Fred.  Maybe Courtney from "The Bachelor" for Aleta -- I think people would pay good money to see how she handles zombie love. 
If you or anyone with three bucks has an idea for who should star in  "I've Been Deader,"the movie, feel free to post them here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion about everything else. Might as well have one here. Remember, spelling counts.