Friday, March 16, 2012

Think Before You Write

I made a little joke on an Amazon discussion board the other day. The result was a literary gang bang. When it was over, I was left crying with the residue of flame reviews and the reek of "outsider" smothering my fragile ego. The main reason for the verbal abuse was that I had the audacity to post the Harper Collins review as a comment. Now, everyone knows that I go out of my way to avoid any type of conflict, which may explain why my stories are all two sentences long. So you can imagine my shock when my innocent comments caused the Amazon regulars to circle the wagons. It didn't take long for the insults to start flying, and by breakfast one even got around to making fun of my hygiene. As it happens, I am not the most pleasant smelling person, but the poster couldn't know that. I'm willing to admit that I may stink as a person, but as a writer? As a writer I smell better than a freshly bathed Dean Koontz (and he smells like warm vanilla on his worst day). Please, don't take my word for it. Go read "I've Been Deader" and judge for yourself. Don't let the bullies win (or I'll hunt you down and kick your ass).
Don't be a sheep. Jump on my bandwagon and find out what's what for yourself. Fight The Power

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela. Fortunately, God blessed me with good looks and a thick skin. I'm sure I'll win them over eventually. I appreciate the good words and your tenacity in finding my hidden blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People should know that writers are mean group of people. Which is why a forum of them makes matters worse. What you did was no big deal. Why were they threatened? Silly Amazon people. I'll check out your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they just forgot that I am universally loveable.

      Delete

You have an opinion about everything else. Might as well have one here. Remember, spelling counts.